Chilled 'Til Dawn
Greetings Guest! In order to view this site you'll need to either Log-in or Register! Registering is easy if you already don't have an account.
Chilled 'Til Dawn
Greetings Guest! In order to view this site you'll need to either Log-in or Register! Registering is easy if you already don't have an account.
Chilled 'Til Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chilled 'Til Dawn

A semi-realistic RP based upon intermediate to advanced Role Players!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Vacant Plains

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This area is where most of the wildlife is exposed, especially wolves. Little to no shelter or hiding places other than the slopes that surround the area. Humans come here once in a while to travel across with their large mechanical motors that shake the ground to advance their trip. A hunt would soon arrive if a wolf is spotted.
Humans do not follow wolves that take escape.
Back to top Go down
https://chilledtildawn.rpg-board.net
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 am

The lightly hue female inhaled deeply then exhaled with a sharp breath before she arose from her psotion. Her fore paws twitched and along with her muscles which twitched as well while she arched her back into a stretch then parted her maw, her ivory incisors revealed, her tongue lolled out as she gave out a wide yawn with a refreshed and healthy shake of her pigment. Having her focus on the outskirts of the domain, she surveyed for any specific movement that could alarm her presence, nothing.

She flicked her tail and slowly merged from her knoll, and padded through the sunburnt terrain, whiffing at the air briefly identifying yet no scents that lingered. She approached another small mount and sat amongst her rear, switching her movements and places, to remove her scent from any lurking animals that could intentionally harm her. She didn't want to make that mistake like she did when she was growing up.

Her chestnut brown layered pelt created a light resemblance of a creamy white thanks to the sun that nursed the earth. Her thick neck mane ruffled slightly as a bitter cold chilled the air, she was yet in no hurry to rendezvous back to the den before nightfall. Winter was already dreadful with this spectacular drop in temperature, she winced from it and quivered slightly. The weather was forcing her to go on her way, yet she refused to move from her spot. There was something near, approaching, she was eager to know what it was.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Jay walked into the tall grass and soon became skitish. he knew that another wolf or animal could easlyly attack a wolf that couldnt see. Jay watched his surroundings very closely. He growled as he smelled another wolf. But he did not know where it was. So Jay kept his peace while pading around looking for a quick snack or even the wolf. His tail was high, hhe was not dumb, he just didnt know that the wolf was in power.

After Jay was pading around he failed to see anything in his helping. He growled as a cold breeze waved by. It blocked his range of smell and it did not help with the trying to stay alive thing. Jay had to go into his mood where he could or would attack anything that was showing a threat or scared him. Jay circled the one area closly making sure he didnt miss anything before he moved on.

He shortly ended back where he started. Jay growled slightly before going to to his normal mood. Jay looked around for a while before standing from his lazy sit. Jay quickly paded to the tall grass before going at a slow run. His paws thumped the hard ground. His legs were swift and it could be easy to stop if he needed.

Jay panted slightly as he kept in his run. He stoped swiftly as he scented a fae's scent. He lifted his head down, smelling the light scent of the female. Jay picked his head back up and sat. He thought for a while, Long enough for flys to surround is muzzle. He got up and bowed in a stretch. The male flicked his ears and than walked slowly around not knowing what to do that much.
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm

The plains were empty for awhile now, as she could only spot a few birds that soared over the landscape. She snorted and shook her pelt gingerly then started to pace across the valley, her body strided silently, her muscles rippled under her medium length coat while she explored the area.

Soon enough she was panting lightly while she approached an area with flattened ground and a lingering scent that recently passed here. She grunted and lowered her cranium, picking up a scent of a lone wolf that trailed by here. 'Now how could I miss this?' she questioned herself before peering around for the figure. It was obvious this wolf was lurking around, perhaps known about this territory being taken, yet she, herself was unaware of where it went off to.

Whiffing at the air to indicate the location of the scent she only felt the chilled air brush against her and having no detection of what direction this canid travelled off to. With that she started off, sniffing the ground to have a fresh scent fill her nostrils. Her banner raised a bit with confidence of finding this wolf and what its purpose of what could intentionally be wandering around here. In hopes for a pack? Maybe if it would be as of use to help her.. She wasn't sure, but yet she came on the right track and bounded across the terrain towards where the wolf was located.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Jay looked around slightly. The male sniffed the cool air. He picked up his head and let out a very low and soft howl to the sky. He stands in a very proud pose. He shook off is coat before walking to another thing of long tall grass.

He ended up deep in the grass. He thought "am i just going in circles?" Jay sat in a lazy sit knowing there was mothing to else to do

Jay flicked his ear's. A wolf was coming. Jay thought is it the same scent from before. The male looked around slightly angry. But he tried to keep his temper. Jay layed down on his side getting dirt on his coat but his black coat helped with that. He kept his eyes quick and locked around him. He waited for the hit of the wolf. All he knew was that it was a female.
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 am

Surveying her surroundings closely, she progressed through the plains at ease. The scent was stronger as she proceeded. The temperature was dropping drastically as the sun was ready to departure from the valley. Only her breath whirled from her parted maw as she suspected that no coverage now, means she'll grow tired by the more she embarks through the realm, looking for this loner.

It wasn't long until a howl was heard and she stood, her lobes pivoting detecting the location. She grunted lowly and bounded off in the direction, her legs swiftly plunging across the terrain, kicking up the loose foliage. Slowing her pace with her paws steadying into a small canter, she caught glimpse of a ebony pigmented figure which stood afar from her view. She observed him, analyzing for such movements he gestured. Having her maw ajar to test the air, whiffing for his scent. 'So, it was a lone wolf' she murmured to herself as she kept her distance unsure if the wolf is hostile,defiant or possibly lethal around other unknown wolves. Though studying him he seemed agitated. Perhaps circling the terrain, due to the familiarized terrain all around and scents lingering here and there.

The beige female crept a bit closer, her paws slowly touching the stiffened crest of the earth as the sun faded passed the horizon. Already she could feel the chill through her thick hide. She didn't risk to stay out into the plains for long, winter was taunting wildlife and for wolves outside of the woods was dangerous, nowhere to shelter, the ground hardened and snow is yet to arrive. She hasn't seen white particles fall from the atmosphere around her while she arrived, she hoped not too soon. Her light orbs watched him closely while she was prepared for what this wolf might bring her.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Jay was about to stand up when a female was in his sights. Jay growled softly in protection of himself. The male waited as well of what this female would do to him

The black male stood up and shook off the black dust from the ground. Jay kept his guard up with growls every now and than. He shook his neck again and dust flicked off of him. He tried not to get the fae. He was very protective of himself but was not going to be that mean.

Jay sat down with his orbs on her. He managed to slip the words out "hello" with his head high and ears flicking around. He took a deep breath than let it out trying to stay calm
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:57 pm

She leveled her gaze looking him up and down. Her beige tassel flicked behind her as she soon to appear closer towards him. Hearing the growls her hackles bristled slightly. This wolf was tensed, "Hello" she returned with her cranium held high and she sat down amongst her rear.

A short pause created a bit more silence then she waited for. She parted her maw and spoke politely, keeping her voice calm and persistent, "And what may a lone wolf like you be wandering this terrain?" she questioned him, trying to see if he would be as of use to her.
Back to top Go down
Fang

Fang

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Fang hunkered down in the dry grass. He had been wandering for months, searching for a new home. Having come upon a suitable location to settle down and live, he was somewhat unsurprised to detect the scents of other wolves.

Two other wolves, in fact. One male, the other female. The scent of the female seemed to be more spread out than that of the male - possibly indicating that this was her territory and that the male was a loner like himself.

Having taken the precaution of rolling in some mud to mask his own scent, Fang stealthily padded in the direction of the scents of the wolves. His plan was to observe them and see whether they were hostile or not. It had been so long since Fang had a place to call "home." This seemed like a good place, but would its current occupants accept him? Fang hoped so. Tired of living as a lone wolf, he had been looking for a new pack to join for some time.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Jay looked at the fae and flicked his ears at the words "hello" and "and what may a lone wolf like you be wandering this terrain?" The male tilted his head for a while before replying.

"Just looking for a new start..." Jay replyed with a sad/mean tone. He didnt want to sound that mean so he flicked his tail slightly. A weak smile crossed his face.

He focused his eyes on his paw's and soon put his head down. He stomped the ground with is powerful paw. He didnt like it how it fited in the ground so perfect. He lifted his head and looked at the fae with his eye's stareing at her. He smelled something. He didnt know what it was but there was somthing. He looked around with perked ears
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:30 am

She listened to his words carefully, taking that this wolf could be as of use to her. She stayed in her position before responding. "Well...if you have a purpose to join a pack, maybe you'll be as of use to me. What are your skills?" she asked while her lobes pivoted. The sky darkened quickly and she inhaled deeply with a slow exhalation, her own breath spiralling out as a warm feature. Tonight seemed colder than she expected, she was in hopes that these wolves don't mind a bit of a frostbite kind of temperature.

While she observed him, she caught a scent lingering and her nose twitched, sensing something approaching but what? She indicated it as moist soil; mud, as she snorted trying to think of a better solution to this scent, but that's what it appeared to be. She aligned her paws in front and kept her posture straight while a gust of wind shot through her fur, stirring passed her nape and figure.
Back to top Go down
Fang

Fang

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Fang continued following the scents until his orbs locked upon the sources of them. Still crouching in the grass to remain hidden, he could see a beige female and a black male. The two were observing eachother as though meeting for the first time. The male seemed somewhat agitated, though Fang could not determine what he was upset about.

As he watched, Fang saw the two of them abruptly start sniffing the air. Had they detected him? The mud should be masking his scent, but the growing intensity of the scent of wet earth must have alarmed them. Fang had planned on watching them for a bit to make sure it would be safe to approach them, but now worried that his deception may be viewed with hostility.

---

From the tall grass emerged a fairly large, gray, male wolf. Fang shook out his coat to remove some of the mud. Having determined that the female was the one in charge here, he decided to submissively approach her. Keeping his banner down and his head and ears lowered to avoid appearing aggressive, he slowly began to pad in her direction. Fang stopped a few feet from her, and being careful not to stare her in the eyes to avoid a conflict, barked the following words:

"My name is Fang. I have come in search of a new family to serve."
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Unknowingly she was caught off guard by another lone wolf. Where do they seem to embark from? she thought and turned her attention towards the tall thin grass that spreaded to the side as another male approached.

"My name is Fang. I have come in search of a new family to serve."

She listened to his words and nodded her head. Thankful enough that this wolf seemed at ease and less agitated then the one she found. Her curious eyes peered back and forth, towards the statue looking black pigmented male towards the other gray male with other surrounding hues among his frame.

With that she made her decision and didn't allow to turning down the two lone wolves. Instead they could be as of use to her and others too, if other wolves did come around. Nodding her head once more to the newest arrival she turned her gaze to have both of them in her view. She stood to her four paws and raised her head, so when she speaks her vocals are clear and valuable to hear.
"My name is Rosella, I'm the former Alpha Female and distinct locator of this land". she spoke with dignity and pride. "If you bring any negative intensions towards me, you'll regret that and be taught a lesson-don't agitate me or provoke me, you'll be warned" she flicked her tail notifying them of her dominance to never underestimate her privileges.

She turned slowly and peered in the direction of the camp. Flicking her receptors she then thought of something else to say, not wanting to sound desperate she returned her gaze with a calm tone,
"If you're as of use to help each other in the pack, you may join me". she cocked her a head a bit awaiting to know the correspondence from both males.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Jay growled loudly at the male. His guard was up. He stood his ground . Jay turned around and tried to calm him self down. He took a big breath. He swiped at the dead grass.

Jay turned back around. His body was still tense. He bowed slightly at the female before stating "My name is Jay, And i would like to join you with your pack" He got up from his bow and shook off the dirt. He knew that the other male was joining the pack but he had to get off of the roaming around thing.

He sat down quickly and wraped his tail around his body with his paws shiting perfectly in the ground. He waited for the wrong move from the male with his eye's looking over his shoulder every once and a while. He was very fast and was barely siting down but was sort of relaxed
Back to top Go down
Fang

Fang

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

Fang was about to respond to his new leader when he heard a loud growling coming from te black male near him. He returned to his normal posture at once and abruptly spun to face the other male and started to raise his hackles, expecting to need to defend himself from an attack. Fang didn't want to fight, but he was also determined to not be intimidated by someone not in authority over him.

No attack came, however. The other male instead turned away briefly and stopped growling. This indicated to Fang that his growl had been reflexive and that he likely didn't actually want to fight. This suited Fang just fine - he would much rather make friends than enemies. As the other male released his tension and lowered his hind to the ground, Fang also relaxed. Turning back to his leader, he lowered his head in gratitude and continued his response.

"Thank you, Alpha Rosella. I hope to be of use to both you and my new family. I will do my best to make sure the trust you have placed in me is not regretted.

As to my skills, I am most proficient as a warrior and have seen many battles. Prior to my becoming a combatant, I was an apprentice hunter in my former pack. I will gladly help out wherever needed."

Having expressed his gratitude, Fang lowered his rear to the earth and wrapped his banner along his right side.
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am

"My name is Jay, And i would like to join you with your pack"

"Thank you, Alpha Rosella. I hope to be of use to both you and
my new family. I will do my best to make sure the trust you have placed
in me is not regretted.

As to my skills, I am most proficient as a
warrior and have seen many battles. Prior to my becoming a combatant, I
was an apprentice hunter in my former pack. I will gladly help out
wherever needed."

"Very well then, Jay. You're accepted"
she spoke in correspondence as the made growls didn't tense her but lone wolves are unknown about other loners, she was prepared to expect something quickly. She pricked her ears forward and watched the two, as if a brawl was gonna break out. She stared at the gray male then back at the black male once more before continuing to speak, "Well it seems like you know how to handle situations that go for battles and so on. You're accepted as well, Fang".

She flicked her tail and peered up at the sky, the fresh air lingered and penetrated her nostrils deeply. She grunted and turned her head away and turned slightly facing back to the direction of the other side of the territory. "Well now I believe we should be moving, since the sun has disappeared normally humans are found here, especially for now this type of season. The weather is dropping drastically too, so I recommend you follow me" she blinked and barked as she soon started to pad forth, developing her movements across the stiff and cold earth. For her this wasn't just her beginning for the new pack formed but her new fellow members have to survive this type of weather, no matter how cold it may seem, it's like a new survival tactic they need to learn how to and when to.

Her breath whirled out like a gust of fog touching the briskful atmosphere. Their journey to the forest will take time and she might suggest to rest from there if necessary. She shook her head slightly at the thought, unsure how the weather will effect them and their behavior if the weather does overcome them. She halted for a moment and glanced over her shoulder, awaiting for them to follow her. "May I test your agility? Since walking won't get us to the camp fast enough and the fastest way is through the forest of serenity". she barked once more, gathering their attention to make haste.

Back to top Go down
Fang

Fang

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Fang rose to his paws at her request, eager to prove that he wouldn't be a burden to his new family. A cold wind blew through his fur as he began a quick trot toward his alpha. The temperature seemed to be dropping quickly. What was once soft earth was now frozen, cold soil. Fang could feel some of the more brittle patches cracking under the weight of his paws as he proceeded.

Before reaching Rosella, Fang stopped and looked back over his shoulder at the black male. He hoped that Jay would not construe his eagerness in a threatening manner and waited a bit to see if he would join them.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Jay looked at the two and than sees the alpha female run to some where. Soon the other male followed. He sighed and flicked his ears at "Humans" He shivered at that word. HE quickled growled an protective growl. He started to walk slowly following them from the behind.

He soon relized that the other male was looking at him. He shook his coat and started a slow canter. HIs paws lightly hit the ground as he panted slightly. He soon remembered the word the fae said. It was a test for agility.

He stoped in his tracks and grined. He started a wind sprint and raced past te other male and stoped around five or so feet in front of the two. He panted lightly before looking back and waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
Rosella
Admin
Rosella

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 pm

She flicked her receptors finding the gray male known as Fang to follow first. She then awaited for jay to follow as well, and from there he soon caught their attention and started to walk forth. She returned her gaze forth and starts to pace herself a bit quickly. Starting to lope, she found the ebony male sprint ahead, finding this to be a challenge, she started after him. Guiding her paws softly drifting from the ground at ease and striding passed him.

She halted for a moment and barked,
"I must warn you that we're not alone when we merge into the forest, signs of Lynx, snakes and perhaps prey would be located somewhere in there, and for that I have a task I want you two to perform". she barked lowly and continued her pace, taunting them with her speed, her tongue lolled out and dangled the side of her lower jaw. She felt confident about this task she has in mind. To see if these wolves have what it takes.

-Enclosed Forest of Serenity-
Back to top Go down
Fang

Fang

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Fang tilted his head in curiosity at her words. What was this task she wanted performed? He didn't have time to think if he wanted to keep from getting left behind, though. Seeing both his leader and Jay racing ahead of him, Fang quickened his pace. Though he was very fast with his movements in battle, he was somewhat slower than the other two wolves in his pack when it came to outright running. As a warrior, Fang had primarily trained his strength, endurance, and combat skills so that he could efficiently protect the rest of the pack. He knew that the hunters in his pack could chase down the faster prey, and being able to tackle tough opponents was far more important for him.

Nevertheless, he was determined not to slow his family down. With his paws thundering against the ground and his banner blowing in the wind behind him, Fang dashed off after his leader into the forest.

-Enclosed Forest of Serenity-
Back to top Go down
Xahn Rei

Xahn Rei

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Silence roamed his surroundings as the large male smudged within the tall grass of the plains. His orbs blinked with curiosity, as he padded inside a pack's realm. He wondered for a while, before starting to jog around. His nose twisted and twitched as the scent got stronger. "Wonder who lives in here..." His mind stuttered whilst his tangerine eyes blinked. His facial features expressed chivalry thoughts, adventurous plans and other types of brave ideas. As soon as he recognized the scents, a couple of gentlemen and a couple of maidens. His banner swished with a taste of blithe, instantly watching over for any movement. Keeping silent, and of course saving his content, he smirked, and hopelessly he padded over to The Hunting Grounds.

-The Hunting Grounds-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Vacant Plains  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vacant Plains    The Vacant Plains  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vacant Plains
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chilled 'Til Dawn :: Our Territory-
Jump to: